When I first started making the change to eating well and looking after my insides, i found it so hard! I thought healthy food was boring, bland and expensive! It took a while to find my ‘Mojo’ and now i feel icky if i fall off the health eating track for too long!
I have to stay focused with eating healthy, my endo flares up terribly if i do not. Now im not going to kid myself or anyone else, my focus definetly stuggles at times and i soemtimes find myself into week 3 of cheat week, oops, but i notice such a difference in my pain and other symtpms f too much wheat and sugar is consumed ( i hardly ever touch dairy proudcts as that is a pretty much instant reaction within my body)
The secret to staying on track though, well my secret that helps me, is having multiple amazing recipes that are easy! we make healthy eating seem to hard but its not. its right at our fingertips online or in good cook books, and having good snacks in the cupboard also helps.
I want to share ith you guys my favurite chicken cuurry recipe. Its absolutley beautiful and has a heap of flavour! Cream is subsited for coconut cream and rice is relaced with cauliflower ‘rice’. This is a recipe i have learnt from one of Chef Pete Evans cook books.
This recipe can be found in his book and also online however you will also find it below!!
If you guys have any great feel good, lots of flavour, healthy meals let me know! i LOVE having new dinner ideas!
“The paleo way of life is not meant to be restrictive, as you can see from this lovely butter chicken recipe. All the nasties have been replaced with good-quality ingredients that make it as good, if not better, than the original. I prefer chicken thighs for their superior flavour and tenderness.” Pete Evans
serves 4, prep 30 minutes, cook for 30 minutes
no nasties – all goodness
YOU WILL NEED
- 120ML COCONUT OIL
- 1 LARGE ONION, DICED
- 4 GARLIC CLOVES, CRUSHED
- 2 TEASPOONS GARAM MASALA
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND CARDAMOM
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND CORIANDER
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN
- 1/2 TEASPOON PAPRIKA
- 1-2 PINCHES OF CAYENNE PEPPER (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND TUMERIC
- 3 TEASPOONS TOMATO PASTE
- 1 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- 2 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
- 200G CHICEN THIGH FLLETS, CUT INTO BITE-SIZED PIECES
- CORANDER LEAVES, TO SERVE
- CAULIFLOWER RICE
(i cut up cauliflower into small pieces however you can grate this or if you own a food processor chop it up in there. I chuck this on the pan with coconut oil, salt and pepper for 3-5 minutes – SO EASY)
Be adventurous with your vegetable component. Try eggplant (aubergine), okra, zucchini (courgette), asparagus, pumpkin, sweet potato and Asian water spinach. The rice has been replaced with cauliflower ‘rice’ but broccoli ‘rice’ is also a big hit or try a mixture of both.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until translucent. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the garlic and spices. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the salt, lemon juice, coconut cream and mix well.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the chicken and stir until well coated with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the coriander (cilantro) and serve with the cauliflower rice.
SO EASY AND SO YUM, ITS A MUST TRY – let me know how you go and your thoughts!
Hapy cooking and looking after your body!
Love and Light beautifuls!